Time for innovative solutions – apply for funding to bring your idea to fruition.
Right now, we are facing new challenges all round the world. By combining our forces, we can work for a sustainable future. Through our validation funding, you can apply for financing to make practical use of your idea or research findings.
Apply for funding, through SLU Holding, from Vinnova’s validation programme VFT. The funding is intended to enable researchers and students to develop and validate innovative ideas and research findings.
VFT has been created to streamline the process to allow knowledge from universities knowledge to be used in society in the form of products or services.
Funding can be applied for in areas such as:
• Various forms of commercial verification e.g. activities to identify, meet and communicate with the intended customers to confirm the commercial relevance.
• Some technical verification aimed mainly at minimising any material project risk and enabling commercial verification.
• Activities related to validating other critical areas for the business concept such as scale-up incl. production, prototyping and testing, regulatory aspects, IPR, legal and financing issues, etc.
• Costs of initial IP protection of a business concept, e.g. patents (including PCT or equivalent), trade marks or design rights.
• Costs of developing/expanding the team to take the project forward e.g. to identify and verify key personnel or match innovative ideas to entrepreneurs.
Funding may not be used for further research, pure technological and product development or purchase of equipment.
An innovation project may be granted up to SEK 300,000. Applications are processed constantly in consultation with an innovation and business advisor from SLU Holding.